Our Annual Holiday Dinner will be held on Friday, December 13th at the Bensalem Country Club (2000 Brown Ave., Bensalem, PA 19020).
Complete Price List HERE
Festivities start at 6:00 PM with an Open Cash Bar and live music by Cara Cartney.
At 7:00 PM we’ll have a Special Presentation by our President, Pondeli Hajioannou, and acknowledgement of Special Guests:
- Bensalem Mayor Joseph DiGirolamo
- Senator Robert “ Tommy” Tomlinson
- House Rep. Gene DiGirolamo
- Director of Public Safety Fred Harran
- Director of Building and Planning Kenneth Farrall
The Buffet Dinner will begin at 7:30 PM, followed by Cara performing more live music from 8-10 PM.
We are also bringing back our White Elephant Game. It was a huge success last year, and this year’s event promises to be just as good! The guidelines for the game are:
- Gifts must be wrapped and anonymous.
- Gifts must meet the predetermined criteria ($20 to $30 or more if generous) Gag gifts are acceptable to spice up the game.
- The person who drew #1 selects a gift from the pile first, opens it and holds it up for all to see as does every number moving forward
- Each gift can only be stolen three times in the round. A round is determined by the player with that number. For example if player #5 steals player #4’s apple, player #4 then can steal #3’s cookie, then Player #3 can steal Player #5’s apple , then Player #5 has to pick from pile with no more steals. Three stolen gifts per round. Now when Player #6 starts, this can start all over again and they can steal whatever or pick form pile.
- Everyone who has had a turn must have a gift. For example, if you took the first turn and your gift was stolen, you must unwrap a gift. As the game goes on, stealing gifts can turn into swapping gifts after game ends, so everyone should have a gift at any given time. So, if you take Sally’s box of animal crackers, you’ve got to fork over your squeegee to her.
- When there are no more unwrapped gifts, the person who drew #1 gets one last turn. If they decide not to steal a gift, keeping the one they have, then the game is over. If they do steal a gift, the game continues
One change this year — the ad book will not be coming out at the Annual Holiday Dinner. It will come out at the beginning of the year as the official 2020 Ad Book. It is a great way to promote your business or organization placing an ad in our ad book. We did one run of the ad book in 2019 and passed them out during monthly meetings until they ran out. I think they lasted for 5 months.
To help with paying for the Annual Dinner, membership dues and the ad book I have listed sponsorships on the price sheet. This will include all three things you can pay at one time. You will also notice you can also pay for your 2020 membership from now and get it at $60. Once the year starts the price for membership goes up to $120. We charge half price before the year ends so members can pay in advance. This way you do not have to worry about sending a check later on for the ad book or membership when you send in your money for the Annual Holiday Dinner.
You can send in your checks to Bensalem Business Directory, 2636 Bristol Pike #5, Bensalem, PA 19020. You can also pay on PayPal by using the email firstname.lastname@example.org if you like.
If you need for me to send you an invoice, I am happy to send you one. Just let me know what you are getting and I will send you the invoice for that exact thing you want.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Thank you, everyone, for all your help. Collecting money is part of running our organization. I love to get it out of the way as soon as I can so I can concentrate on setting up other things for our group.