The Bensalem Business Directory’s informal weekly get-togethers have moved from the Golden Corral to online Zoom sessions focused on providing up-to-date information to our business community.
“We’re going to have a panel of people each week who come on and give updates,” said Bensalem Business Directory founder, Pondeli Hajioannou of Philadelphia Private Gym. “I feel having people come on who know what’s going on is more important than anything else.”
According to Pondeli, the professionals who have agreed to appear on the virtual meeting are:
- Dr. Minh Bui from People’s Choice Urgent Care works every day 8am to 8pm as a doctor in an urgent care facility here in Bensalem, and will talk to us what he knows is new this week. Dr. Bui may be interrupted as he will be working during the call and may have to tend to patients.
- Joe Tryon, a certified SBA banker for Quaint Oak Bank with more than 52 yrs. of experience, will tell us what is new with SBA loans. He is the man who works directly with the SBA and will have facts about applying for SBA assistance.
- Dir. of Public Safety Fred Harran who runs all of the first responders in Bensalem Police, Fire and Rescue will be able to tell us what is new with them and if we need to do anything to protect ourselves more than we are.
- Bensalem Mayor Joseph DiGirolamo will discuss what is new in Bensalem.
- State Rep. KC Tomlinson and State Senator Robert “Tommy” Tomlinson’s Chief of Staff, Ryan Skoczylas, will update us on what is going on at the State level.
- Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick will be able to tell us what is going on at the Federal Level.
“We feel these people will be able to give us all the updates all business owners need to deal with,” said Pondeli.
Who do you want to hear from? Can you come on as an expert with first-hand knowledge and talk to us?
Zoom Meeting Info:
There will be an informal session from 7:30 to 8 am for members and guests to make sure they’re set up correctly on Zoom and to “mingle.” To respect our speakers’ time we will begin promptly at 8 am and finish up by 9 am.
- Friday Zoom Meeting ID: 254 390 148
- Time: 7:30-8:00 AM — Open Chat
- (Unmute yourself you be able to talk)
- 8:00 AM Meeting Starts with Pondeli Welcoming everyone and announcing who will be doing the presentation.
- We will give each presenter 5-10 mins and then ask if there are any questions. This way presentation can be done uninterrupted so we can get all information. Then they can do a question and answer segment if anyone has questions.
- We like to wrap up the Friday morning virtual meetings by 9:00 AM.
- We will try to have trial runs during the week for members to learn the system if they like. Look for a notice on Facebook for them
- Mute yourself unless you want to say something. Your camera will automatically turn on if you make any noise if you are unmuted
- Set up a zoom Account with a picture of yourself in your profile and your full name.
- This way when you sign in, others know who you are.
- If your camera is off or goes down your default is the picture you picked.
- Otherwise, it is a black screen with your name or phone number.
- Meetings are recorded, please be mindful of what you say and what people can see.
- Say your name and your business when you speak, so everyone knows who you are and from what company.
- Remember we are not in a room together.
- If the camera has a window in the background or a lite we will only see a shadow of your face. Change your position to have lite or window in front of you.
- This makes it easier for the camera to pick you up.
- What you see in your monitor in the background so does everyone else in the world. If you don’t want us to see it don’t show it.
- Practice makes perfect. Contact Pondeli 215-245-0802 call or text and he will help you before Friday with a trial virtual meeting unrecorded so you can relax and enjoy on Friday.
Business owners are called the backbone/soul of our community. I have always said together, we will do amazing things. We all know what it is like to have the odds against us. As business owners never have the odds in their favor when we start our business and sometimes we never get the odds in our favor. We are a resilient group of people who by nature are always adapting to better ourselves and the community we serve.
Together we will!!
Bensalem Business Directory
Philadelphia Private Gym in Bensalem